This initiative focuses on the design of public policies and a local water management law (inexistent at the present). One of the first steps will be calling for entries at an international architecture competition to design and build an axial park that will ink the quarters of ElTepetate and the Historical Downtown. Both of this traditional quarters border the river Querétaro so this action will transform them into
internationally acknowledged touristic and creative development poles while promoting the preservation of the City water and ecosystems.
To strengthen the efforts and initiatives being carried out at a cross-border level to care for and manage the water resources supplying the City of Querétaro, through the active participation of the local and international community.
• Doumentation and design of the material for the Querétaro River Axial Park international architecture competition call.
• Choice and dissemination of the architectural proposal.
• Counseling from Singapore, UNESCO Creative City of Design.
• Discussion meetings to design a water resource management strategy in the City
• Communication campaign for citizen actions.
• Documentation on the state of art and ongoing proposals for cleaning of rivers with similar characteristics.
• Universal and equitable access to safe drinking water for all citizens of Querétaro.
• To improve the quality of public available water by eliminating any pollution resulting from dumping hazardous chemicals and wastes.